The Secretarial Internship Program is designed to provide interns with:
- Paid Opportunity to work in one of the Operating Administrations within the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Challenging assignments that will broaden their perspectives on transportation issues.
- Meaningful work supporting management staff in the coordination, facilitation and implementation of the operations in the office to which they are assigned.
- Access to participate in activities, innovations, and challenges facing the Transportation Industry today.
Internships @ DOT
As an intern in the Secretarial Internship program, participants will gain a full spectrum of professional experiences to leverage in their growing careers. Interns may work either part- or full-time in varying capacities within the Department.
The salary ranges from $15.89-$33.05 per hour. All Interns are eligible for benefits, including leave (all Federal holidays and 4 hours of annual and 4 hours of sick level a pay period).
This internship program is part of the OPM Pathways Program and is open to current students who are enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a qualifying educational institution at least half-time. Additional information on the Pathways Program can be found at OPM Pathways Programs.
- Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen and meet Pathways Internship requirements.
- Review the Required Documents Section of the Announcement, as documents are required by the closing date.
- Must be enrolled at least half time at a qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate.
- Must complete a background investigation.
How to Apply
DOT is looking for independent, energetic, self-sufficient, and highly motivated students who are excited to gain government experience and learn about Department of Transportation Programs. To apply, please visit the following links.
- Step 1: https://dot.usajobs.gov/ - Review current DOT Pathways opportunities by typing “Student Trainee” or “Pathways” or “Internship” in the search tab.
- Step 2: https://www.usajobs.gov/ - Create an account on USAJOBS and sign up to receive information about vacancies meeting your interests.
- Step 3: Find the announcement to which you wish to apply, and select the ‘Apply On-Line’ button.
Once an announcement is posted on www.usajobs.gov, complete applications (to include all required documents) must be submitted electronically.
For specific inquiries on the Secretarial Internship Program, please contact Interns@dot.gov.