Frontier Airlines confirmed the accuracy of this table on June 25, 2019. Airline policies are subject to change. Additional information is available on Frontier’s website here.
Tips for families: How would an adult best ensure he or she is seated next to a family member under the age of 14 when flying your airline?
- Book as early as possible and purchase the option of selecting an advance seat assignment to reserve seats together.
- If you do not purchase advance seat reservations, Frontier’s system will assign seats at check-in, but seats together may not be available.
- If you book travel using a travel agent, access flyfrontier.com to make seat selections as soon as possible.
- You can only select seats directly with Frontier Airlines.
- Book children on the same reservation as adults.
- Frontier’s system will only be able to detect and help families flying together (see below) if all the passengers are on the same reservation record.
- Frontier prioritizes keeping groups together if it must reassign seats due to an equipment change.
- Check-in as early as possible, including online or through the Frontier Airlines mobile app.
- Frontier’s system will try and assign groups seats together at check-in, if seats together are available.
- If your family does not get preassigned seats together, talk to the gate agent who will try to assist you. However, depending on availability, seats together are not guaranteed.
- Frontier blocks a limited number of seats that are released after check-in that may be used for a variety of purposes, including seating families together
Seating Model: Does your airline provide seat assignments or does it use an open seating model?
- Frontier Airlines offers advance seat assignments.
Advance Seat Selection: Does your airline enable consumers to reserve seats at booking?
- Yes, customers purchasing tickets through Frontier Airlines may select seats during booking. Customers purchasing fares through travel agents may select seats through Frontier’s website after purchase.
Fee: Does your airline charge an additional fee for these advance seat reservations?
- Yes, advance seat assignments are only available for a fee. Customers may purchase advance seat selection a la carte, or through bundles of amenities for purchase which include advance seat selection. Otherwise, Frontier will assign seats at check-in.
Airline: What disclosures relevant to family seating does your airline provide to consumers during the booking process?
- Customers are informed during the booking process that advance seat selection is an additional cost.
- A link “What if I don’t select a seat?” is provided to customers during the booking process which, once clicked, states that seats are randomly assigned at check-in and while the airline will try and keep groups together, the only way the customer can guarantee sitting together is to select a seat at booking.
- Customers booking by phone are notified about seating restrictions or other limitations related to families sitting together upon request.
Travel Agent: If your airline allows others to sell tickets on its behalf, do the family seating disclosures provided by these entities differ from the disclosures provided when booking directly with the airline?
- Yes. Not all online travel agents disclose that advance seat selection is an additional charge. No information is available specifically regarding family seating.
- Customers purchasing tickets by phone are notified about seating restrictions or other limitations related to families sitting together upon request.
Last updated: Friday, September 13, 2019