This Program Guide, written for prospective Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) and Railroad Rehabilitation and Improvement Financing (RRIF) applicants, describes how the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) administers the Build America Bureau Credit Programs.
The Build America Bureau's Credit Programs Guide includes the following sections:
- Contacting the Build America Bureau provides general contact information.
- Chapter 1 introduces the programs' objectives and provides an overview of how the Bureau programs operate.
- Chapter 2 details the required terms for individual credit instruments and describes how these instruments are funded.
- Chapter 3 describes the eligibility requirements concerning types of projects, activities, cost limits, and applicants.
- Chapter 4 describes the process by which applicants may apply for credit assistance.
- Chapter 5 describes the evaluation and selection process that the USDOT uses to determine who receives credit assistance.
- Chapter 6 discusses the contractual documents and the ongoing monitoring requirements.
- Chapter 7 discusses special issues related to loan guarantees.
- Appendix A includes a list of acronyms.
- Endnotes for the Guide