Office of Innovative Program Delivery -The Federal Highway Administration’s (FHWA’s) Office of Innovative Program Delivery provides tools, expertise, and financing to help the transportation community explore and implement innovative strategies to deliver major highway investment projects. The Office provides technical assistance and resources to include the "following:
- Successful Practices For P3s report, released in March 2016. This report describes how public-private partnerships (P3s) in the United States have been used to deliver transportation projects. Using real world examples, the report describes how public sponsors have successfully addressed critical P3 issues of legislation, policy, project identification, public outreach, procurement, and oversight. This report responds to both MAP-21 and the FAST Act, which call for the Department of Transportation to promote best practices for innovative financing and P3s.
- P3 Toolkit to assist practitioners in considering and implementing public-private partnerships.
- Training that can be tailored for state, regional, and local government officials interesting in learning about developing and evaluating potential P3 projects.
- Project profiles describing key project financing features.
FTA Private Sector Participation - The Federal Transit Administration’s (FTA) website provides:
- Information on opportunities for private sector participation in public transportation
- Resources for State and local governments interested in public private partnerships
StrongPorts Program - The Maritime Administration’s StrongPorts Program is designed to support improving port infrastructure in the United States, ensuring they are capable of meeting our future freight transportation needs to support our economy. U.S. ports are critical links in the U.S. domestic and international trade supply-chain, serving as the hubs where goods we manufacture, grow, and buy are transferred between ocean going vessels, barges, trucks, trains and pipelines.
- Integrating ports into the surface transportation system planning
- Improving state of repair, capacity, efficiency, and environmental sustainability of all U.S. Ports
- Improving port competitiveness for public (Federal, State, and local) and private funds through enhanced planning and engagement while supporting the execution of port projects by providing assistance
- FHWA P3 Toolkit -The FHWA P3 Toolkit includes analytical tools and guidance documents to help you learn about implementation of P3 projects.
- RRIF Toolkit - The FRA has made a number of resources available to help project sponsors interested in loans from the Railroad Rehabilitation and Improvement Financing program understand the application process and the information required for a successful application.
- Public-Private Partnership Oversight: How FHWA Reviews P3s - This guidance document is a reference to help State and local transportation agencies and the private sector understand how the FHWA conducts stewardship and oversight of Federal-aid projects where P3s are being considered or implemented.
- Port Planning and Investment Toolkit - Experts from both the Department of Transportation and the American Association of Port Aurhorities developed this easy-to-execute toolkit. Modules focus on planning, funding and executing projects.
- Exploring P3s for Highway Projects - The FHWA's Office of Innovative Program Delivery has developed a series of training sessions for interested state, regional, and local government officials. The training provides information and tools for government officials to understand how to develop and evaluate potential P3 proposals.
- FRA Rail Program Delivery Video Series
- Bureau Institute
Model Contract Provisions for Toll Concessions
- Guide to Model Contract Provisions for Toll Concessions - This Guide can serve as a resource for State and local governments to reference as they work with the private sector in advancing critical highway investments. The guide includes a chapter-by-chapter discussion of the most significant provisions typically contained within contracts for P3 toll concessions.