The Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO)’s shared services initiative, DestinationsDIGITAL (D2), supports and echoes the mission of the Department of Transportation by enhancing safety and security, improving IT infrastructure, investing in technology and innovation, and achieving results that directly impact the lives and wellbeing of the American people. DestinationsDIGITAL, focuses on streamlining commodity IT services so resources can be redirected to support mission IT.
Our vision is to be the best IT in government!
Our Three Priorities
Through DestinationsDIGITAL, OCIO will continue to prioritize safety, innovation, and infrastructure as the Department moves toward shared services.
Big Hairy Audacious Goals (BHAGs)
The OCIO adopted the following Big Hairy Audacious Goals (BHAGs). These nine BHAGs are the “how” of DestinationsDIGITAL:
- Strengthen Federal IT Workforce
- Deliver Best in Class IT Service
- Optimize Administration and Contracts
- Leverage Advanced Data Analytics
- Advocate for Cutting Edge Technologies
- Identify Savings and Cost Avoidance
- Deliver and Support Modern Applications
- Shrink IT Footprint
- Advance Transportation Cybersecurity