The Office of Drug and Alcohol Policy and Compliance advises the Secretary on national and international drug testing and control issues and is the principal advisor to the Secretary on rules related to the drug and alcohol testing of safety-sensitive transportation employees in aviation, trucking, railroads, mass transit, pipelines, and other transportation industries. The Office publishes regulations and provides official interpretations on drug and alcohol testing, including how to conduct tests, and the evaluation and treatment procedures necessary for returning employees to duty after testing violations. The Office also coordinates the Department’s involvement with the President’s National Drug Control Strategy annually.
Most Requested Information
- What happens if I 'refuse' or 'test positive'?
- How do I find a Substance Abuse Professional (SAP)?
- Is there a list of prohibited drugs for being medically qualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle (CMV)?
- Documents and Forms
- Resources for Employers
- Resources for Employees
Most Viewed Documents
- MRO Notification to ODAPC of Split Specimen Cancellation
Note: You may receive a certificate error, please disregard this error by clicking "Continue / Proceed". We are working to resolve this issue.
- Mock Collection Instructional Video
- DOT’s 10 Steps to Collection Site Security and Integrity
- Am I Covered?
- DOT "Recreational" Marijuana Notice
- DOT "Medical" Marijuana Notice