Notice: No official announcements are available at this time for the 2012 FAA Summer Employment Initiative.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is a federal government agency responsible for the safety of civil aviation. Our major roles include the following:
- regulating civil aviation to promote safety;
- encouraging and developing civil aeronautics, including new aviation technology;
- developing and operating a system of air traffic control and navigation for both civil and military aircraft;
- researching and developing the National Airspace System and civil aeronautics;
- developing and carrying out programs to control aircraft noise and other environmental effects of civil aviation; and
- regulating U.S. commercial space transportation.
The Summer Employment Initiative is designed to attract talented students to the workforce for summer employment opportunities into entry-level positions and provide positive work and developmental experience.
Applicant must be a student who meets all the following requirements:
- Enrolled or accepted in a half-time or full-time course schedule;
- Age 16 or older (by the closing date of the announcement);
- U. S. Citizens
- Possess a grade point average of 2.0 or above on a scale of 4.0.
- Applicant must be a student. For purposes of FAA policy, “students” are students in high school, vocational and technical schools, undergraduate programs (both associate and baccalaureate degree) and graduate programs.
- Students must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a degree-seeking student (diploma, certificate, etc.).
- Must be at least the minimum age required by Federal, state, or local laws and standards governing the employment of minors.
- Students must be taking at least half-time course load, as defined by their academic institution
- Must maintain a 2.0 Grade Point Average on a scholastic average scale of 4.0. Additional qualifications (for each Summer Employment Initiative position advertised) can be found under the Minimum Qualifications section of the on-line ASAP vacancy annoucement.
- Miscellaneous Clerk and Assistant, FV-303-C
- Management Assistant, FV-344-D
- Management and Program Analyst, FV-343-F
- Engineering Technician, FV-802-F
How to Apply
- Go to Career Opportunities
- Type the following words, including the quotation marks ("), in the Keyword Search "Summer Employment Initiative" Note: The phrase must include the quotation marks (") at the beginning and end of the words for the search to work correctly.
- Read each announcement fully because the pay, responsibilities and location may differ.
- Open an ASAP account and apply online for those announcements
- If you have additional questions contact the local Human Resource Management office.